Mr. Rebates Support
Help > Questions > Site Usage
Q. How do I get started with Mr. Rebates?
A. This is a longer answer but serves as a "Mr. Rebates 101" on the basics of using Mr. Rebates:
- The first thing you have to do is register with Mr. Rebates. (if you have not registered already). Your registration identifies you to the Mr. Rebates website and insures that you get cash back credited to your unique account.
- After registering with Mr. Rebates, you will be automatically logged in. For those who have come back to the site at a later date, you must insure that you are logged in each time you shop with Mr. Rebates by checking that your registered email address is shown in the top right-hand corner just beneath the main banner ad.
- Logged-in users can then shop at any of over 2000 stores by using the following methods of finding the store desired:
- View the All Stores page to get an alphabetical list of all stores at Mr. Rebates.
- Browse stores by category in the left-hand navigation bar. I.E. Shoes, Computers, etc.
- Search for a store name by simply typing in that store name into the search box in the top-left hand corner. I.E. "jcpenney", "best buy", etc.
- Alternatively, if you are looking for a specific type of product then you can use the "Product Search" feature by clicking on the radio button beneath the search box and type your product search query. I.E. "sony vaio notebook", "closet organizer", etc.
- After you have clicked a cash back store, make sure you complete the purchase in that same click session to insure the cash back rebate is credited to your account.
- Do not click or surf to other discount, coupon or comparison shopping websites after clicking through to a store as cash back rebate tracking can be lost if store links are clicked on other websites and a cash back rebate will not be credited to your account.
- Rebates are credited to your Mr. Rebates account usually within 1-35 business days of the ship date of your order although the wait time does vary from store to store. You will receive a confirmation email when the rebate is credited.
- After $10 in Available Rebates are accrued to your account, you can request either a rebate check be sent to a postal address location or rebate payment via Paypal.
If this does not answer your question, please read through our most
frequently asked questions before submitting an
online support request as your question may be answered
in the FAQ.
Please also note that the Mr. Rebates Help Center has
a similar selection of searchable questions and answers
about Mr. Rebates.